Monday, March 22, 2010

Greetings, from myself to you!

Hello, loyal Pope Followers! (or: "Catholics").
It has been some time since last I chose to update the web-tabernacle on which your browser now rests, but believe me when I say the demands of popehood are numerous and significant. Given the fact that I have encouraged priests and bishops and the like to Bloog as a means to maintain a connection with respective parishes, I feel somehow a hypocrite. But enough about me! Let us deal with, how do you say, the "elephant in the booth."
Much has been said lately about the ongoing sexual abuse scandal (now over six hundred years old), particularly that six Irish bishops are in "hot" water for attempting to do unspeakable things with children too young to speak. This last bit is somewhat of an exaggeration and doesn't do much for my cause; if I were somehow able to delete text believe me I would but as things stand, please just disregard that last bit.
Anyway I have said proudly and publicly that if the faithful are repentant they will be forgiven in the eyes of G-d. If G-d is willing to forgive, who are we to hold a grudge? Some say that this is -to put it delicately - cow malarkey. But I am the Pope! And if I say that G-d will forgive the repentant and that any abuses represent only momentary lapses in the judgment of the individuals in question, NOT IN FACT a serious and very likely statistically significant trend across a world-wide organization into which people place their hopes and dreams with potential implications worth at least grappling with, then gosh darn it G-d will forgive the repentant and any abuses represent only momentary lapses in the judgment of the individuals in question, NOT IN FACT a serious and very likely statistically significant trend across a world-wide organization into which people place their hopes and dreams with potential implications worth at least grappling with! That's all I have to say on the subject.

Some of you may be upset to learn that I have cooled off on my Stratego playing. Simply put, I reached a point where it was no longer a challenge. I have stood atop that mountain and looked out over the land surrounding; what I saw was ugly and scorched.
Let me explain: It was on Christmas Eve (hope you had a good one!), and after praying off of whatever darned balcony you pray off on Christmas Eve I was playing a game of Stratego with our friend the Stratego-playing-Bishop. I had become quite good by then, able to intuit the locations of his bombs, spies, admirals, and above all else his flag. We were in his room playing the game, and the game was going well. I had placed my flag in the left-most corner, an amateur move I know, but one whose obviousness I felt would place it below even suspicion. But this is not important. For the first part of the game I was losing badly. I won't go into the details, the our-friend-the-bishop was going quite well. I became - forgive me Oh Lord - envious of his success. In time, after the tables had turned, I became proud of my own success. And upon reflection over the bitter ordeal, the dual sin Stratego game which I will never forget, I realized that the Game excited every number of sins in me: sloth, because I wish to play it and not perform my duties; wrath, as I decimate opponents; and so forth. I was horrified. How could I, the Pope, enjoy so thoroughly a game which incites such feelings? I decided it was the workings of the Devil. Curse him! Wait, wrath! No! Wait, despair! No!
I must go.
God bless, have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment